In this role, one is expected to develop their intuition towards the strategic direction of the company and assess various risks involved with different strategic directions the company could take.
You can expect specific questions around the positioning of the company in the value chain and product/service categories in which they operate. The questions suggested below provide can serve as a good preparatory questions set for a sales roles across the value chain:
- What are the different structures in which businesses operate?
- Is a business model relevant for all types of businesses?
- How do businesses create/generate differentiated value?
- How does one go about defining the target segment while developing the value proposition?
- What is the difference between a business model and a business plan?
- What are the market realities of the fruit and vegetable sector?
- Which current industry trend/development is attracting your interest? Why?
- Which food products/commodities are more prone to price fluctuations and why?
- How can digital technologies support the smallholders w.r.t crop management from sowing to harvesting?
- How can digital technologies support smallholders in improving the accessing, choosing and affording of right inputs?
- How can digital technologies support smallholders in addressing the market side challenges for SHFs?
- What are the Interesting developments and opportunities to look for in Agri-finance?
- What elements need to be taken into consideration while designing a value chain finance product?
- How are incentives distributed for different stakeholders in a food distribution system?
- Does network distribution system perform better on incentive allocation compared to linear distribution system?
If you are comfortable in answering and having a good discussion on the above questions we wish you a lot of success. If you would like to have preparation support we recommend you the following digital school courses:
- Agriculture Business Models (relevant for all strategy roles)
- Food & agribusiness industry trends and developments (relevant for all strategy roles)
- Digital Innovations in Agriculture Extension (relevant for strategy roles dealing with upstream market)
- Introduction to Agri Finance (relevant for all strategy roles)
- Introduction to Food Distribution System (relevant for strategy roles dealing with downstream market)
- Carbon farming (relevant for strategic roles dealing with carbon farming)
- Introduction to alternative foods (relevant for strategic roles dealing with downstream and future foods)