In this job role, one is expected to maintain proper checks and controls to ensure the food quality and safety from procurement to distribution. Aligning the food quality team can be the key responsibility for this role.
You can expect specific questions around the positioning of the company in the value chain and product/service categories in which they operate. The questions suggested below provide can serve as a good preparatory questions set for a processing quality related roles across the value chain:
- What is the role of digital technologies in harvesting and marketing of the produce?
- How can digital technologies support both buyers and sellers in marketing and sales management?
- Can you think of any example use cases for IoT in agribusiness value chains?
- Can you think of any example use cases for blockchain in agribusiness value chains?
- What type and level of tracking and traceability is needed for different players in agribusiness value chains?
- What cold chain innovations are finding adoption for fresh fruits, vegetables, flowers, milk and meat?
- How can digital technologies support smallholders in improving the accessing, choosing and affording of right inputs?
- How can digital technologies support early prevention of pest infestation and robust disease management?
- What is precision nutrition management and how can digital technologies support precise nutrition management for crops?
- How can digital technologies support smallholders in addressing the market side challenges for SHFs?
- What are the market realities of the fruit and vegetable sector?
- For what type of value propositions is chemical preservation advantageous?
- What are the causes for food waste/losses within the food distribution system?
- What is Pasteurisation process? How can we assess the business value of Pasteurisation process?
- Does network distribution system perform better on incentive allocation compared to linear distribution system?
If you are comfortable in answering and having a good discussion on the above questions we wish you a lot of success. If you would like to have preparation support we recommend you the following digital school courses:
- Introduction to digital distribution and logistics (relevant for all processing quality related roles)
- Food & agribusiness industry trends and developments (relevant for all processing quality related roles)
- Food Preservation Process (relevant for all processing quality related roles)
- Introduction to Food distribution system (relevant for all processing quality related roles)
- Agriculture basics (relevant for procurement related roles)
- Digital Innovations in Agriculture Extension (relevant for procurement related roles)
- Agriculture business models (relevant for senior level roles related to processing quality)