SENIOR RISK MANAGER – BUSINESS ASSURANCE
Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Ensure that the company’s Governance, Risk Management and Business Continuity Management processes are operating effectively.
- Champion the implementation of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework across the Company.
- Lead the performance of the annual Enterprise Risk Assessment process
- Ensure there are skills and understanding of risk management, risk appetite and risk governance.
- Identify and report on emerging risk trends.
- Ensure that processes are in place to facilitate the identification, measurement, assessment, monitoring, and controlling of risks in the Company.
- Provide Management with practical, cost-effective recommendations for mitigating risks as discussed with business and process owners.
- Promote risk awareness and provide education and training on risk management.
- Conduct company-wide Risk and Control Self-Assessment and develop and maintain a comprehensive Risk Register.
- Provide assurance on the effectiveness of risk treatments and related control activities.
- Drive the annual review and update of the Company’s risk management policies and procedures.
- Enhance FMN’s ability to respond to business disruption consistently and effectively.
- Communicate regularly with leadership and ensuring consistent reporting of business continuity risks and compliance against identified controls.
- Adopt a business partnering perspective, influencing key stakeholders to strengthen the BCP and resilience programme engagement; ensuring that the capability and resources directed to resilience is proportionate to the business risk profile.
- Develop and implement business wide systems and processes for managing business continuity.
- Monitor and consult with stakeholders and senior leaders in the business on the efficacy of policy, minimum standards and any developed tools and resources.
- Ensure existence & maintenance of Corporate, Business Unit and Functional BCPs to standard required to pass internal & external audits.
- Liaising with Technical and Business product owners to identify gaps, set recovery time objectives and convey business needs/expectations.
- Ensuring regular testing (at least annually) of Corporate, Business Units and Functional BCPs, by leading or coordinating said exercises.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the topic of BCM (i.e. provide advice, training, consultancy) for Countries and Group function.
- Assist in the response to significant disruptive events.
THE PERSON MUST
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have good analytical & critical thinking ability.
- Have a high level of concentration and patience.
- Have strong time management skills.
- Be meticulous and be able to pay attention to details.
- 5 ‘O’ level credits including Mathematics and English in not more than 2 sitting.
- First Degree/HND in Accounting, Sciences or Engineering.
- Professional Certification – Certified by the Business Continuity Institute, Risk Management Certification
- MBA will be a plus.
- 7 years cognate experience