SENIOR QUALITY & FOOD SAFETY MANAGER
We are actively seeking a Quality and Food Safety Manager to join our rapidly growing Food & Innovation team within the Research and Development Department.
The Senior Quality and Food Safety Manager will collaborate within the organization to drive the company’s Quality and Food Safety Organization to the next level. The successful candidate will work to develop and implement effective, efficient, agile, and compliant Food Safety & Quality Management Systems. The Q&FS Manager will have a deep understanding of food safety and quality organizations as well as the regulatory landscape, including all applicable FDA requirements such as the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and food safety certifications such as SQF. The successful candidate will demonstrate a relentless focus on food safety and TQM principles by adhering to regulations, specifications, standards, and best practices. The Q&FS Manager will work cross-functionally in collaboration with all business departments and functions. The individual will bring with them a high level of passion coupled with an innovative, collaborative approach and be capable of representing Benson Hill in all facets of quality and food safety
(ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Quality Management System: Steward the integration, application, assessment, and revision of the quality management system. The system shall be based on company needs, the ISO 9000 system, the ISO 22000 system, and other models. Establish effective metrics to be shared across the enterprise to achieve behavioral and compliance goals.
- Food Safety: Serve as a leader to exemplify and drive a culture of food safety and quality at every level of our organization through strategy, training, coaching, audits and continuous improvement efforts. Serve as an integral member of the Food Safety Team and provide linkage to the plant quality functions. Ensure compliance to all governmental and customer food safety & quality regulations including but not limited to Food Safety & Modernization Act, the Food Drug & Cosmetic Act, the ISO 22000 model, and the Safe Quality Food code. Establish effective metrics to be shared across the enterprise to achieve behavioral and compliance goals.
- Process Management & Standardization: Plan, develop, implement, and report on clear and standardized processes and procedures for all aspects of product and process including but not limited to cGMPs, calibration, non-conforming material management, irreversible corrective action, microbiological monitoring, HACCP, and functional process control. Requires close collaboration with manufacturing, process/project engineering, operational excellence, supply chain, research & development, and IT.
- Supplier Quality: Steward supplier quality management through the application of appropriate tools, systems, and metrics (i.e. PPAP, receiving inspection, non-conforming material, corrective action). Collaborate with supply chain and customer partners to ensure consistent and clear application and best practices. Participate with other Quality Managers to develop, implement, monitor, maintain, and act on supplier quality management tools and systems.
- Customer/Consumer Affairs: Execute a scaled application of customer service & consumer affairs. Partner with customers, suppliers, Sales, and Legal as key Quality interface regarding thorough customer complaint analysis, problem solving efforts, and corrective action implementation. Establish effective metrics to be shared across the enterprise to achieve behavioral and compliance goals.
- New Product Development: Partner with other functional leaders to establish a viable and flexible new product development process that includes appropriate quality functions for the enterprise and plant resources
(COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS)
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Food Engineering or a related field; An advanced degree is preferred
- Experience developing, planning and executing on Q&FS initiatives
- Experience in food related regulatory and scientific affairs
- 5+ years of experience in the quality/food safety within the food, beverage, ingredients, or pharmaceuticals industry
- Certification in one or more food safety and quality-related disciplines (e.g., CQM, SQF practitioner, HACCP certification, etc.) strongly preferred
- Intimate knowledge of governmental and industry standards for the food industry
- Experience operating and influencing at a strategic level
- Direct experience dealing with customers and customer issues
- Demonstrated experience in data driven, structured problem solving required
- Communicate proficiently both verbally and written. Excellent technical writing and presentation skills are preferred.
- Ability to travel 10-25% required
- Attention to detail
- Strong Customer Focus
- Collaborative mindset
- Ability to focus and work independently with little direction
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated experience building and leading effective teams
WE HAVE A TOTAL REWARDS PACKAGE AT BENSON HILL THAT CONSISTS OF MORE THAN JUST YOUR PAYCHECK. TOTAL REWARDS AT BENSON HILL COVERS PAY (SALARY AND BONUS), HEALTH (EMPLOYER BENEFIT CONTRIBUTIONS) AND WEALTH (INVESTMENTS). SOME OF THE PERKS INCLUDE:
- A Collaborative Environment
- A flexible PTO program with a focus on work/life balance
- Competitive medical benefits and retirement savings plan
- FREE Dental and Vision Coverage
- Education reimbursement
- PAID parental leave
- And more….