Senior Marketing Manager, Omnichannel
About The Role:
As the Senior Marketing Manager, Omnichannel you will have the opportunity to develop and drive all omnichannel experiences between consumers and our product as we scale from a local/regional brand to a national brand. This hire will work closely with the broader Marketing team to raise awareness of Bowery’s exceptional produce and bring our products and the idea of indoor agriculture to life in stores.
Key to this role will be executing creative storytelling around the indoor agriculture industry and what it means to retailers, consumers, and our planet. This will come to life in content, communications, in-store experience, and real-world brand activations. The ideal candidate should have a deep understanding of the omni shopper journey, including pre-store, in-store with point of sale/merchandising, digital/social commerce, and buy online services.
This is a unique opportunity to build a category-defining brand and support rapid growth at a mission-driven company.
This role is based out of our NYC HQ. We follow a hybrid working model.
What You’ll Do:
- Own the creative development of assets, communications, and programs that usher shoppers from category understanding to Bowery purchase to loyal customer
- Define, develop, and grow an entirely new category of indoor agriculture (Controlled Environment Agriculture) including driving retailer and consumer understanding
- Own the shopper marketing calendar to maximize the capture of consumer demand in the marketplace
- Own the shopper strategy and investment approach, tailor priorities through tactics including but not limited to omnichannel and shopper media, content and consumer review syndication, couponing, cross-merchandising, sampling and demos, community events, and IRL moments
- Own the development of all shopper program pitch materials, including strategic presentations, channel/retailer insights, and represent Brand in retail partner discussions as needed
- Liaise with National/Regional Retail partner teams on all issues and opportunities relevant to their positions including merchandising, marketing, and any other applicable plans/actions
- Leverage understanding of occasions and insights to provide consumer and shopper-driven solutions that drive performance across all channels (volume, share, program execution, distribution, velocity)
- Conceive and execute CPG retail brand partnerships (i.e. co-merchandising opportunities) that drive trials with new consumer prospects
- Collaborate with our Media Manager on shopper investment priorities and KPIs
- Own the creative strategy and creative execution of how the Bowery brand shows up at trade shows that engage retail partner audiences
- Be a thought partner and collaborator with the broader marketing team to integrate Shopper and Trade programs with Brand and creative campaign ideas
- Manage one direct report within the Marketing team with the potential to grow over time
Who You Are:
- You have a background in developing creative communications, shopper marketing, trade marketing, and/or merchandising
- You have in-depth knowledge of trade marketing and CPG sales organizations
- You are a highly organized, self-motivated, strategic thinker eager to help build a fast-growing consumer brand as it expands its retail footprint
- You have enthusiasm for Bowery’s mission and how technology can improve the plant and our food supply
- You have strong communication skills, both internal and external
- You possess the ability to develop selling materials and selling programs
- You are creative and solutions-oriented
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit that is proactive and scrappy; you are effective in working both independently and collaboratively
- Some travel required (meeting with retail partners and trade show attendance)
Who We Are:
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included, and empowered to reach their full potential
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists, and activators
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harm
- We are excited to hear from you!