Product Development Agronomist
We are seeking a Field Agronomist to conduct late state evaluation trials as well as serve as a resource for our customers and commercial teams. A split role between research and customer interaction will be an essential part of our commercialization team, bridging our research and discovery team and the growers we seek to support.
- Responsible for all aspects of coordination and execution of late-stage field trials; location identification, grower/cooperator contracts, trial planting, in-season trial maintenance, harvesting and data collation
- Interact regularly with early adopters for both product evaluation and product support
- Support and facilitate commercial activities including product placement, marketing support, and sales staff training
- Develop demo plots to support sales and marketing
- Develop and maintain relationships with research and discovery colleagues to help steward current products and introduce new products
- Provide written agronomy research summaries that can be used to support product management, positioning, and field sales training
- Regularly integrate emerging technology tools for evaluation of products as well as grower demonstrations.
- Travel up to 50% of the time
Required skills, experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy or related field plus at least five years’ field research experience required.
- Field research planning, trial design and statistical analysis
- Strong background in agricultural field research and solid understanding of agricultural products including plant nutrition, biologicals, crop protection chemicals and adjuvants/surfactants
- Strong practical knowledge of and experience with chemical applications, data capture/entry
- Ability to incorporate technology tools and systems (remote sensing, aerial imagery etc. into R&D trail work. Willingness to run proof of concept experiments with emerging technology tools (i.e., novel sensors).
- Ability to engage/present in customer field days, meetings, as well as certain company events
- Strong fertilizer and fertility knowledge from products, applications, practices, and crop need.
- Fluent in understanding and ability to educate on nitrogen and nitrogen management.
- Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions, i.e., heat, humidity, rain, cold, etc. for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces.
- Must be able to drive or ride in a vehicle for long periods of time.
- Seasonally the workday may be expanded to allow for tasks to be completed.
- Must be able to repetitively lift to 55 lbs.
**MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES
What we offer:
- Competitive package in a disruptive startup
- Stock options
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance with employer-paid premiums
- Life, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability policies
- Employee Assistance Program with free referrals and discounts
- 401(k) plan, 3% Match
- Commuter benefits
- Annual Training & Development support
- Flexible vacation policy with a generous holiday schedule
- Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team