About This Role
We are seeking an independent and strongly team-oriented Operator to join our team. In this role, you will be working directly with Apeel’s Field Operations Team and Apeel’s customers in their packing house facilities, to support the application of the Apeel product to fresh produce. You will ensure operations are fast and efficient while creating an environment that puts people, safety, and quality first.
This opportunity is based in Murrieta, California. This is a shift-work position, and the schedule will vary to include early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
What You’ll Do
- Safely and effectively support the Field Operations team with mixing product and applying Apeel product onto produce (ie – “treatment”), while complying with Standard Operating Procedures
- Turning the application equipment on/off and adjusting application system levels during treatment to ensure the process is operating effectively
- Support cleaning, sanitization, and swabbing of treatment systems per FDA regulations, to meet Food Safety requirements
- Support and/or coordinate product quality studies (“ holdbacks”), experiments, trials, and other tasks as needed to ensure product quality and performance standards are met
- May need to support or perform accurate and precise testing on produce using Apeel lab equipment
- Develop an understanding of what impacts produce quality
- Support others, where needed, with completing preventative maintenance tasks and equipment repairs
- Complete documentation and/or quality reviews as needed
- Develop and maintain strong positive relationships with customers to coordinate operations
- Where appropriate, transport produce from one physical location to another within a 20-mile radius
What You Bring
- 1+ years of experience working in a produce packing house, post-harvest applications, field services, agriculture, food & beverage, or chemical manufacturing
- Good interpersonal skills; able to work cross-functionally with all departments
- Professional level of English written and verbal communication is required
- Detailed and able to follow instructions
- Good hazard recognition and applicable controls, related to working with and around operating equipment
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and Google Suite including Excel, Email, Calendar, etc.
- Ability to work indoors/outdoors in cold and/or hot environments
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays
- Must have reliable means of transportation
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to be on your feet up to 75% of the time
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 50lbs
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 25lbs for up to 2 hours total per day
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 10 pounds for up to 4 hours per day
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.