North America Carbon National Sales Executive Crop Insurance
The National Sales Executive (NSE) works with Indigo’s Carbon Supply Business Development team to expand market share and drive new partnership opportunities The NSE is responsible for understanding the target market segment, potential partners’ business objectives, and how Indigo can create mutual value through a partnership. The NSE needs to possess a combination of general business acumen, salesmanship, curiosity and urgency, strong project management skills, proven ability to close, cross-functional account team leadership to drive growth across a range of industry participants.
Strategically Partner with assigned accounts to build their businesses
- Align the Carbon Partner value proposition with the needs of targeted crop insurance accounts across the United States
- Lead the development of a detailed plan/strategy to document how Indigo will engage, scale and support each account
- Carry Customers through the sales process from internal/external discovery through signed contract, onboarding, and renewal as well as mediate any contract delivery discrepancies that occur after onboarding.
- Understand objections and where there are blockers/detractors; create a plan to mitigate them
- Be seen as a trusted partner who can create value for the Indigo and its partners
- Facilitate collaboration in the sales process with the Partner Enablement team and Key Account Manager to ensure a smooth and coordinated handoff.
- Spearhead customers’ escalations/issues and collaborate with team to drive them to an expeditious resolution
- Lead contract renewals and negotiate new agreements that will benefit both parties
- Provide leadership across the Carbon commercial team, and project this leadership externally to our customers and partners
Within 30 days, build a thorough understanding of Indigo’s brand, solutions and products
- Be able to understand and articulate the Indigo Sustainability message, the details of the Carbon by Indigo Program and the value they bring to crop insurance (and as a nice to have – ag finance) partners and their customers at the corporate and local level.
- Have a solid understanding of the ag ecosystem of agribusinesses, customer acquisition challenges and carbon opportunity for the industry at large.
Within 45 days, develop a sales funnel and execution plan to demonstrate 60-90 day sales pipeline progress
- Be able to successfully pitch and/or resell Indigo to a partner.
- Be able to speak to the end to end grower journey of the program as well as the go to market collaboration that a future partner will experience with our partnership.
- Report out on early pipeline progress and development plans.
Within 60 days, close and begin onboarding with initial partnerships
- Work collaboratively with the onboarding and enablement teams, Key Account Manager and the local support functions to establish localized support structure that will drive trust and sales success with partner sales representatives.
- Begin cross selling other Indigo Programs and Products to expand the relationship.
- Show progress on customer pipeline across the team’s targeted account lists.
Within 90 days, demonstrate that all accounts are on a trajectory to grow their relationship with Indigo
- Be able to forecast closed partnerships in alignment with annual targets.
- In collaboration with the Key Account Manager, ensure onboarded accounts are meeting early engagement KPIs and achieving partnership objectives. Re-evaluate partnerships as needed to ensure commercial resources are being utilized to support meaningful progress.
Understands and embodies our mission & core values
- Excited by Indigo’s mission; believes that Indigo can fundamentally change the agriculture industry; can clearly articulate passion for our mission and values
- Optimistic and innovative; solution-oriented; shows no signs of cynicism
- Will be widely viewed as someone who personifies our core values, is committed to them, and leans on them when making decisions. Specifically:
- Demonstrates a track record of high integrity – doing the right thing, owning mistakes, conducting oneself honestly
- Values, communicates and interacts with others with high levels of transparency and respect
- Collaborates well across functions; creates an inspiring and collegial work environment
- Ability to understand various ag businesses that make up our targeted partners and engage in high level conversations with customers about their challenges and opportunities.
- Can demonstrate crop insurance industry knowledge and experience
- Can demonstrate ag finance industry knowledge and experience (nice to have)
- Strong problem-solving and communications skills
- Able to clearly articulate thoughts
- Strong EQ skills
- Extremely proactive
- Can build and maintain relationships with Ag Businesses at all levels of the organization and expertly handle objections or roadblocks
- Entrepreneurial mindset that is collaborative and works across the organization and customer segments to leverage expertise to support customers
- Sales-passionate; able to follow and contribute to sales processes, coordinate cross functional customer enablement, and drive toward strong ROI for customers and Indigo.
- Comfortable with software tools as part of everyday job particularly CRM (salesforce preferred)
- Flexible to support customers after hours to resolve time-sensitive matters, to travel for customer engagement and industry events.
- Aggressively wants to win, has a vision, and can articulate an action plan, proven ability to motivate a cross functional team to achieve goals.
- Ability to create and execute and account plan in addition to credible forecasting.
- Minimum of 8 years working with strategic/complex accounts or consulting experience
- Crop Insurance industry knowledge
- Ag Finance industry knowledge (nice to have)
- B2B sales, key account management
- Demonstrated consistent success in achieving quarterly and annual targets in a fast-growing business
- Strong consultative sales or business development background required
- Ability to travel 50%
- Understand farming as a business – from grain trading to inputs to banker/insurance through trading and pricing decisions & expansion (land & people), a huge plus
- 2-3 years of management or cross functional leadership experience
- Proof of prior success driving growth and convincing partners to adopt new approaches/technologies