Chayei Agro Managers
let us manage your farm
- We are searching for a manager with good business sense to join our team.
- The farm manager’s responsibilities include monitoring staff, crops, and livestock, purchasing supplies, preparing budgets and reports, and ensuring maximum profit.
- You should be able to maintain professional networks and keep abreast of developments in agricultural science.
- To be successful as a farm manager, you be detail-oriented but also keep the bigger picture in mind.
- Outstanding candidates are keen problem solvers who are focused on efficiency and take a hands-on approach to management.
- Analyzing existing operations, crops, livestock, staff, and financial documents and recommending improvements.
- Preparing plans and schedules for planting and harvesting and ensuring staff understands expectations.
- Visiting the different divisions to inspect crops, livestock, and also perform tests on soil and water.
- Ensuring seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, and other supplies are regularly restocked.
- Scheduling repairs, maintenance, and replacement of equipment and machinery.
- Handling the marketing and sale of products produced on the farm like fruit, vegetables, dairy, meat, and grain.
- Ensuring all staff adheres to health and safety regulations.
- Assisting with the recruitment and training of new staff members.
- Collaborating with senior staff to prepare budgets and financial reports.
- Building professional networks and keeping abreast of developments in agricultural science.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture (Agronomy).
- At least 2 years experience in production of veggies (tomatoes, peppers, sweet corn, cucumber, cabbage) and groundnut.
- Management experience would be a plus.
- A passion for agriculture.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- The ability to make decisions in stressful environments.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.