As part of the Revenue team, you will own the category growth and revenue function for Zepto Be a growth leader for your category across the country, and in all the cities.
- Own the customer funnel and life cycle for your category.
- Lead the prioritization and development of the category, and to maximize overall profitability. by applying understanding of retailer economics, product lifecycle management and inventory control to drive profitable volume.
- To apply consumer and marketplace insights to maximize return from consumer and product segments.
- Maintaining an assortment strategy that matches consumer profile, market requirements and the direction of the business.
- Responsible for pricing strategy and promotions and plans to drive work processes and relationship improvements with supply partners.
- Prepare customer communication plan, and in-app merchandising for category.
- Influence various teams/stakeholders within the organization (planning, category buyside, marketing, CRM, storefront etc. ) to meet goals.
- Proactively understand consumer behavior, spot trends in the market.
- Conduct regular promotional analysis. To develop in-store discount strategies for the brand / categories to deliver category goals and performance targets.
- Collate market information for understanding competition trends, consumer preferences and fine-tuning assortment strategies.
- Plan products/assortment size as per the footage requirement of the stores that make up a fair representation of the optimal merchandise category assortment and its segmentation from the consumer’s perspective while delivering the planned returns per square foot.
- Conduct regular analysis on subcategories, segments, brands, sku based on consumer, retailer, supplier and market information.
- Work with the buyside category team to drive selection strategy to enhance customer conversion.
- Work closely with city or regional teams to have city level plans for category’s growth.
- Work closely with marketing on category specific brand campaigns.
- Support business decisions by formulating hypotheses, structured problem solving, analyze relevant data to verify hypotheses and prepare documentation to communicate the results with insights.
- MBA/Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college.
- Work experience as a category growth leader for at least 36 months in an e-commerce firm.
- Experience in retail/FMCG, understanding buying/supply dynamics preferable.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases (SQL exposure a must).
- Able to work with others in a fast-paced, team environment and to interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Results oriented with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, can work individually with minimal or no supervision.
- People with endless curiosity and hunger to learn.
- Owners who will think of Zepto as their own venture.
- Operators obsessed with customer experience
- Work experience as a category manager for at least 24-36 months in an online business
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage stakeholders across different teams, good communication skills with ability to work individually.