This is a popular job role with mostly operating in close contact with the farmers in supervising and bringing efficiency into the day to day activities on the fields.
You can expect specific questions around the positioning of the company in the value chain and product/service categories in which they operate. The questions suggested below provide can serve as a good preparatory questions set for a sales roles across the value chain:
- What are the Interesting developments and opportunities to look for in Agri-finance?
- What are the financing challenges faced by small & medium scale farmers? What approaches/solutions are currently popular in resolving smallholder finance issues?
- What is the best approach to making crop choice & crop variety decisions?
- What is the difference between a chemical and organic fertiliser? When to use what type of fertiliser?
- What are different data type in agriculture? What are the advantages of each data type?
- What is precision agriculture? What is needed to achieve precision agriculture outcomes?
- What sorting and grading innovations are finding adoption for food commodities?
- What cold chain innovations are finding adoption for fresh fruits, vegetables, flowers, milk and meat?
- What is the difference between natural and organic agriculture?
- What type of fertilisers are allowed in organic agriculture?
- How can digital technologies facilitate the crop choice decision for the smallholders?
- What are the crop management challenges faced by smallholders?
- What criteria are used for choosing the packaging for fresh products?
- What criteria are used for choosing packaging for cereals?
- What are the challenges in scaling up the cash flow financing?
If you are comfortable in answering and having a good discussion on the above questions we wish you a lot of success. If you would like to have preparation support we recommend you the following digital school courses:
- Introduction to Agri Finance (relevant for job roles dealing with farmers)
- Agriculture Basics (relevant for all types of job roles)
- Basics of precision agriculture(relevant for job roles dealing with farming operations)
- Introduction to Food distribution system (relevant for job roles dealing in post harvest activities)
- Organic & regenerative agriculture (relevant for job roles dealing with farmers/farm activities)
- Digital Innovations in Agriculture Extension (relevant for job roles dealing with farmers/farm activities)
- Introduction to packaging and transportation (relevant for job roles dealing in post harvest activities)
- Cash Flow Financing in Agribusiness (relevant for roles dealing with farmers)