This is a popular job role with mostly operating in close contact with the farmers in supervising and bringing efficiency into the day to day activities on the fields.
You can expect specific questions around the positioning of the company in the value chain and product/service categories in which they operate. The questions suggested below provide can serve as a good preparatory questions set for a sales roles across the value chain:
- What are the Interesting developments and opportunities to look for in Agri-finance?
- What is the best approach to making crop choice & crop variety decisions?
- What is the difference between a chemical and organic fertilizer? When to use what type of fertilizer?
- What are different data types in agriculture? What are the advantages of each data type?
- What is precision agriculture? What is needed to achieve precision agriculture outcomes?
- What sorting and grading innovations are finding adoption for food commodities?
- What cold chain innovations are finding adoption for fresh fruits, vegetables, flowers, milk and meat?
- What is the difference between natural and organic agriculture?
- How can digital technologies facilitate the crop choice decision for the smallholders?
- What are the crop management challenges faced by smallholders?
- What criteria are used for choosing the packaging for fresh products?
- What are the challenges in scaling up the cash flow financing?
- How does the urban agriculture technology choice impact the value chain design?
- How is the growing population contributing to the need/demand for urban agriculture?
- What are the different type of urban agriculture technologies that are put to commercial use?
If you are comfortable in answering and having a good discussion on the above questions we wish you a lot of success. If you would like to have preparation support we recommend you the following digital school courses:)
- Agriculture Business Models (Helpful in understanding the need for business model strategy for better planning of operations)
- Introduction to Agri Finance (Helpful to understand the state and role of financing in farm operations)
- Agriculture Basics (Helpful to understand the factors that can play a critical role to achieve farm productivity)
- Basics of precision agriculture(Helpful to understand the scope of digital tool usage in farm operations)
- Organic & regenerative agriculture (Helpful to understand the framework of sustainable agriculture)
- Digital Innovations in Agriculture Extension (Helpful to understand the relevance of digital technologies in improving farm productivity and profitability)
- Introduction to packaging and transportation (Helpful in understanding the post harvest management of the produce)
- Introduction to urban agriculture value chains (Helpful to understand the design of urban agriculture value chains)
- Understanding Urban agriculture (Helpful in understanding the key drivers for urban agriculture)
- Understanding urban agriculture production technology (Helpful in understanding the different technologies used in urban agriculture)
- Cash Flow Financing in Agribusiness (Helpful in understanding the relevance of a cashflow tool to manage the farm financing and operations)