Agriculture production can be considered as the heart of the food ecosystem that is feeding all of us.
In this course we shall try and get a feel for these two elements:
- State of agricultural industry ( type of farm companies, size of the farm holding etc.)
- Critical decision related to production
- Choice of crop and variety
- Getting the seeds right
- Getting the Fertilisers right
- Understanding irrigation
- Managing the crop health for optimal productivity
- Harvesting and post-harvest management
An entrepreneur/professional operating on a farm will benefit from understanding industry structure and the critical decisions and processes around managing the key agriculture resources to maximise yield.
To strengthen learning related to agriculture production we have limited this course to getting the maximum yield leaving the agriculture production economics and marketing for our upcoming course.
This course and the upgrade assessment is powered by Agribusiness Academy experts.
Several experts have been consulted and knowledge sources have been referred to bring you this course.
The knowledge and insights from the below published reference sources have been greatly used:
- The Number, Size, and Distribution of Farms, Smallholder Farms, and Family Farms Worldwide, Sarah K. Lowder et.al., World Development Volume 87, November 2016, Pages 16-29.
- Farmers Handbook of Basic Agriculture (Manage India Knowledge Base)
Every effort has been made to ensure the relevance of the course and its factual correctness. However, the world of food & agriculture is vast and complex. Please take time to research your local context, restrictions and regulations before you apply any learning from Digital School of Food and Agriculture.