In this role, one is expected to have deep research and analytical skills to build a framework around data collection mechanisms based on the requirement of a client / business. Should have considerable knowledge in analytical tools and frameworks to present valuable insights in simple and effective way serving the needs of a client / business.
You can expect specific questions around the positioning of the company in the value chain and product/service categories in which they operate. The questions suggested below provide can serve as a good preparatory questions set for a sales roles across the value chain:
- What criteria should farmers used to get the most appropriate seeds for their cropping?
- What are the financing challenges faced by small & medium scale farmers? What approaches/solutions are currently popular in resolving smallholder finance issues?
- What sorting and grading innovations are finding adoption for fresh fruits, vegetables, flowers, milk and meat?
- What cold chain innovations are finding adoption for fresh fruits, vegetables, flowers, milk and meat?
- Who are the critical players (stakeholders) in a food & agribusiness network?
- How are incentives distributed for different stakeholders in a food distribution system?
- What are the market realities of the fruit and vegetable sector?
- Which regions & product categories are receiving investments with the food & agribusiness?
- How can digital technologies support smallholders in improving the accessing, choosing and affording of right inputs?
- How can digital technologies support smallholders in addressing the market side challenges for SHFs?
- What are the benefits of temperature control in food products while in transit?
- What role does packaging play in triggering purchase at the level of the consumers?
- How can accounting help in taking better decisions while running a company?
- What are the fundamentals and principles beneath the standard accounting practices that are followed by companies?
- Why is it important to have complementary value proposition to build a scalable and profitable business?
If you are comfortable in answering and having a good discussion on the above questions we wish you a lot of success. If you would like to have preparation support we recommend you the following digital school courses:)
- Food & Agribusiness industry trends and developments (Can be helpful for analysts to understand the consumer behavior and produce better insights on food value chain)
- Agriculture Business models (can be more helpful for analyst roles to prepare better frameworks to get to right inferences and suggest better strategy)
- Introduction to digital distribution and logistics (can be more relevant for analyst roles dealing with food safety and traceability)
- Introduction to Alternative foods (Can be helpful for analyst roles in alternative foods to gain better understanding)
- Basics of precision agriculture (Can be helpful for analyst roles to gain better understanding on precision agriculture)
- Agriculture Basics (Helpful for all business analyst roles for understanding the production dynamics)
- Digital innovations in Agricultural extension (can be helpful to understand the value of digital technologies to address the challenges in agricultural value chain)
- Introduction to Agri Finance (can be helpful to understand the status of smallholder value chain and financing)
- Cashflow financing in Agribusiness (Can be helpful to understand the significance of a tool to get better insights)
- Introduction to packaging and transportation (Can be more relevant for analyst roles to understand the role of food packaging and transportation better)