This is a popular job role where one is expected to generate business by establishing contacts with the target businesses. This role is majorly focused upon Business to Business sales.
You can expect specific questions around the positioning of the company in the value chain and product/service categories in which they operate. The questions suggested below provide can serve as a good preparatory questions set for a sales roles across the value chain:
- What are the different structures in which businesses operate?
- How do businesses create/generate differentiated value?
- How does one go about defining the target segment while developing the value proposition?
- What is the difference between a business model and a business plan?
- What is important for food & agricultural businesses to strengthen their sustainability outcomes?
- What are the Interesting developments and opportunities to look for in Agri-finance?
- What elements need to be taken into consideration while designing a value chain finance product?
- Why analyze cash flows over profits while assessing business viability (especially in agribusiness)?
- What preparations should a farmer make in relation to getting optimal price (returns) for their produce?
- How can digital technologies support smallholders in addressing the market side challenges for SHFs?
- How can digital technologies support both buyers and sellers in marketing and sales management?
- Which food products/commodities are more prone to price fluctuations and why?
- What are the market realities of the fruit and vegetable sector?
- Which regions & product categories are receiving investments with the food & agribusiness?
- Why analyse cash flows over profits while assessing business viability (especially in agribusiness)?
If you are comfortable in answering and having a good discussion on the above questions we wish you a lot of success. If you would like to have preparation support we recommend you the following digital school courses:
- Agriculture Business Models (relevant for any sales & BD role)
- Agriculture basics (relevant for any role within the value chain)
- Digital Innovations in Agriculture Extension (for product sales & BD roles that deals with farmers)
- Food & agribusiness industry trends and developments (for sales & BD roles in processing/distribution)
- Introduction to Agri Finance (for sales & BD roles that deals with farmers)
- Cashflow financing in Agribusiness (for sales & BD roles around farmers)